Skip to content
Terms of Service
- Permission to reproduce is conditional on the unequivocal acceptance of the following regulations. Any breach of these terms will result in the revocation of permission to reproduce. Payment of appropriate compensation or damages to The Andy Warhol Museum (AWM) by the Applicant will be pursued.
- Reproduction permission for media purposes covers only the specific use detailed by the marketing office. Additional use of any kind is not covered by the original permission to reproduce.
- It is expressly understood by the Applicant that AWM does not hold intellectual property rights in Andy Warhol artworks except those from AWM’s film and video collection. The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts, Inc. holds intellectual property rights in the name and likeness of Andy Warhol and certain Andy Warhol artworks. It is also understood that certain Andy Warhol artworks contain intellectual property rights held by individuals and entities other than AWM or The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts, Inc. Applicant shall be responsible for securing said rights.
- AWM makes no warranties and assumes no responsibility whatsoever for any claims, royalties, or fees demanded by an artist, his agent, estate, or by any other party in connection with the reproduction of artworks in AWM’s collections. The applicant agrees to indemnify AWM against any and all such claims, demands, and/or actions, including the costs thereof, arising as a result of the applicant’s reproduction of the museum’s artworks.
- Reproduction of images in AWM’s collections that are not obtained directly from AWM is strictly prohibited.
- AWM does not supply images to companies or individuals operating a photograph rental and/or sales service. Any commercial use of AWM’s images is strictly prohibited.
- The following copyright information must appear in immediate proximity to the reproduction, or in an acknowledgements section of the publication: artist, title, year, credit line, copyright holder (if different than AWM credit line), photo credit. Any changes to or fraudulent representation of the copyright information specified by AWM is strictly prohibited.
- Images reproduced for print media may not be cropped or bled of the page or printed in a single color other than black. Images reproduced for electronic media may not be cropped or distorted in any way and image resolution may not exceed four inches (length or height) and 72 dpi. Reproductions of details of artworks must contain the word “(detail)” in the caption. The paint area of the composition, or the area within the outline of a sculpture, may not be masked out, superimposed with type matter, or in any way altered or defaced. Reproductions that bleed are therefore only permitted in the case of “details.”